Kim Eun-sook, “Song Hye-kyo X Lee Do-hyun, who are heading to hell together, truly crazy love” (The Glory)
Writer Kim Eun-sook expressed her feelings that she was “excited” by the box office success of “The Glory.”
Kim Eun-sook, a writer of the Netflix series “The Glory,” released a question-and-answer session on March 29 that included a thank-you message for viewers’ enthusiastic love and their thoughts over the past few months.
According to Netflix, “The Glory” has accumulated 413.05 million hours of viewing, ranking sixth in Netflix TV (non-English) in history. It is an amazing achievement that connects “Squid Game” and “My School Now” as domestic Netflix series works. “The Glory” Part 1 has entered the TOP 10 list for five weeks, and Part 2 has been ranked No. 1 in the non-English category for three consecutive weeks right after its release on March 29.
Writer Kim Eun-sook first said, “I don’t think I can thank you enough until I die.” Korean viewers and viewers all over the world, I’m so excited right now!” he thanked viewers around the world using his famous line.
As for the relationship and future of Dong-eun and the journey, which everyone supports in one mind, “Dong-eun and the journey’s move is ultimately revenge and destruction.” In the process of revenge, they are already two people who don’t know how to live except to become perpetrators and head for another hell of a prison. However, since Dong-eun and Jang-ri are together, they head to hell as if they were heading to heaven. What a crazy love,” he said, referring to the future of the two, who have become each other’s paradise and glory.
Then, to Dong-eun’s character, “Dear Dong-eun. It must have hurt a lot. You must have cried a lot. I would’ve wanted to die more. Thank you so much for coming all the way here. It must have been hard, but I want you to know that all the roads you’ve walked have become a “map” to someone. So one spring.. “I hope you bloom in full bloom, Dong-eun,” the affection left a young last word.
The following is the full text of writer Kim Eun-sook’s question-and-answer session.
Q. Greetings and thoughts to domestic and foreign viewers who showed a lot of love for “The Glory”
A. I don’t think I can thank you enough until I die. So, I’m going to use this page to make it short and thick. “Korean viewers and viewers all over the world, I’m so excited right now!”
Q. How have you been doing with the release of Part 1 and Part 2
A. I thought about the fate of a drama writer. What I mean is, if you broadcast on a channel other than OTT, there is about eight hours of hell until 7 a.m. the next morning when the ratings come out after the broadcast. So I thought I could just enjoy it because it’s OTT this time. There was more than 100 days of hell waiting between part 1 and part 2. (laughs) I think it’s the fate of a drama writer.
Q. A famous line or scene that you picked yourself
A. If I pick a line, there’s no end to it, so I picked it as a god.
1. “You should listen to the police station scene. It’s been 18 years.” The reason is that the police and Dong-eun’s acting were so good that I cried even though I knew everything.
2. Young Dong-eun and the villa owner’s grandmother’s past god, “Let’s die in spring.” As soon as Son Sook spit out the line, she sobbed at the same time as Young Dong-eun.
3. The last scene of the last episode. The reason for “I love you” was Dong-eun’s journey to live under the pretext of Dong-eun and Dong-eun’s “I love you” was another expression of “I want to live.”
4. Gutpan possessed by Sohee. The whole situation was good. Dong-eun’s acting, which felt the existence of So-hee, who is making a big fight, without a single line to lean on, was the most powerful.
5. Journey and Doyoung’s Go Scene. I liked the ‘origin’ of the victims that Jajun was talking about. That line is the theme of “The Glory,” and I wanted to deliver it through the mouth of the journey, but Lee Do-hyun even delivered the breathing sound perfectly.
6. Funeral funeral of Yeonjin and Chief Shin. “That’s enough!!! Yeonjin’s acting, “You’ll fix it!” made my mouth open.
Q. The present and future of Dong-eun and her journey, and whether she can be happy
A. Journey and Doyoung’s actions are, in the end, revenge and destruction. In the process of revenge, they’re already the perpetrators, so they don’t know how to live except to head for another hellish prison. However, since the two of them are together, the journey and the east go to hell as if they were heading to heaven. What a crazy love.
Q. What do you want to say to the actors
A. There have been many opportunities for adult actors to express their gratitude through videos, in private. So I want to thank the other actors for this question. I sincerely thank all the child actors who played “Dongeun Ojeok,” from Yesol to Son Sook, all the mothers who appeared in the play, and all the other actors who filled every single scene.
Q. What should we watch out for
A. You can save it, watch it all at once, or watch it in a very long time. But please watch until the last episode. So please support the victims’ “origin.” 메이저놀이터
Q. What do you want to say to Dong-eun
A. Dear Dong Eun. It must have hurt a lot. You must have cried a lot. I would’ve wanted to die more. Thank you so much for coming all the way here. It must have been hard, but I want you to know that all the roads you’ve walked have become a “map” to someone. So one spring.. I hope you bloom in full bloom, Dong Eun.